Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Bulletin Boards

So, I love to do crafty projects when I have the time...and since I've been a teacher I don't have the time. Landon and I have started turning my bulletin boards into our craft projects. It's torture doing bulletin boards alone...but with Landon it is a ton of fun. :)

This is my Christmas board. It is a present that is being unwrapped to find baby Jesus. It says, "For God so loved the world..." The tag says, "To: The World" The shiny wrapping paper doesn't photograph well.

This is my fall bulletin board. It is the silhouette of a fall tree that is shedding leaves in the sunset. The scripture is Isaiah 40:8 "The grass withers the flower fades, but the word of our God will stand forever.

This is my welcome to school bulletin board. It has all my students names with a verse from Proverbs. :)

Another spring board. Tree branch with cute little birds on them. The Lord is my strength and my song. Ex. 15:2





New Years Bulletin Board: Teach us to number our days, that we may gain a heart of wisdom. Psalm 90:12
I put up winter Christmas wrapping paper as the background
Icicle boarder
Cut out white letters using the cricut
Printed out a calendar using Microsoft Publisher
I used this board as my News Years Devotion with my fourth grade class. (2012) 

 Christmas bulletin board (2011 and 2012)

I cut out a skyline of Bethlehem using a picture from the internet and I just used a ruler and eye balled it. It's not completely accurate but you can tell what it is.
I printed a star off the internet and I covered it with glitter glue.
There are many stars in the sky made of glitter glue that do not photograph well but look great in person.
I used 4 inch silver letters from Parent Teacher to spell "Silent Night"
I chose to write Silent Night because it was our Hymn of the month. You could write anything you wanted above it. "O Holy Night" "O Little Town of Bethlehem" "Peace on Earth" "Peace"

Let me know if you try to make any of these! :)

5 comments:

  1. I LOVE your bulletin board w/the tree silhouette! I'd really like to do something similar to this. How did you do the gradient in the background? Just a yellow sheet that you painted over w/orange, red & purple? I LOVE IT! Beautiful! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I just had white paper and I painted the sunset with red, orange, yellow, and purple paint. It didn't take very long at all and was very inexpensive to make. There weren't any board kits to buy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just used the spring boards with the birds for my new classroom. they are darling!! thanks for the sweet ideas. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're Welcome, Ada! Glad you could use it. I'm sure it turned out great! :)

      Delete
  4. I love your creative ideas. Can't wait to use some of them, especially the birds for my spring board. I put up my Christmas bulletin board before I left for Thanksgiving holidays, but I'm considering changing it to your "Present Christmas" board. Love, love!

    ReplyDelete