Friday, December 10, 2010

Good Morning, Mrs. McKee

Funny story at school.

My student aid walked into the classroom and she handed me something and said, "Here you go, Mrs. Mack." Well, 9 year olds don't miss a THING and as soon as she left the room they all said, "She called you MRS! You are MISS Mack."
"You aren't married yet!"
"Are you even engaged?"
"She will get married one day!"
"Hopefully. If she is lucky."
"When she gets married we will have to call her Mrs. McKee!"
(Picture that all being said in a matter of 3-5 seconds.)
I calmed them down as a I laughed and said, "You all are too funny. One day I will get married and you will all be invited. I have to go next door and give something to Mrs. Walker, I will be right back." When I came back into the room the students stand in unison and say together,
"Good Morning Mrs. McKee!" (All students stand to greet adults when they walk into the room)
I just laughed and said, "haha very funny!" and some of my clever students say,
"We knew that we should start practicing that now." (haha)
I said, "That was a good one, but we won't start calling me that at this point in time. Thanks."

Isn't that funny? The best part is that they thought they were hilarious. They just thought the were the most clever people in the world. haha.

They make me laugh every day. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment