Monday, October 7, 2013

Week 37


The Date: September 25th-October 1st, 2013

How far along? 37 Weeks

Look how big he is now! 
Total weight gain/loss: 30 pounds

Baby Size: Baby is the size of a winter melon. He is 18-21 inches long and weighs 6-9 pounds. He is gaining about half and ounce every day

I've never had one of those
Things I learned about Baby:  He is practicing inhaling, exhaling, sucking, gripping and blinking. He is also getting his first sticky poo (meconium) read for his first diaper.

Maternity clothes: 
 Ummm, yes.

Changes I've noticed: I have had more contractions this week and they are now wrapping around to my lower back. I've seen stars at random times which is kinda scary. My hands and ankles are so swollen that most of my shoes don't fit me and my rings definitely don't fit anymore.

Sleep: Sleep is hard but I'm fine. :)

Best Moment this week: My birthday was this week and I had a fun time hanging out with Landon and his family. We played a lot of ping pong and went to dinner at Surin 280. Landon gave me some great gift cards to buy some new clothes and makeup after the baby comes. Dustin gave me the new RUF Auburn CD and his parents gave me some pj's for the hospital. My mom sent me a gift but I'm still waiting for it in the mail. :) I also had my last baby shower with the girls from my Sunday School class at Briarwood. It was really nice to have a time of fellowship with them and get to know many of them better. It was great!

Briarwood Friends Shower 
New Favorite CD 
Miss anything: My ankles, my shoes, my clothes.

Crave anything: no.

Movement: Yes, he is still moving so much!

Anything making you queasy or sick: no

Showing: haha Of course!

Labor Signs: I'm now dilated to 2 cm and 80% effaced! I'm having more contractions and I've lost most of the m plug.

Belly Button: My belly button is completely flat now. I don't think I have the kind of belly button that can become an outy. Which is good! So mine is just stretched to be flat.

Wedding Rings:I've been wearing my rings on a necklace. My fingers got so swollen this past week. I look forward to being able to wear them again soon.

Moods: My mood is good. I'm happy and excited. I'm super tired and sometimes I cry easily.

Baby Preparations: I think we finished the nursery! Except for putting pictures in frames and his initial on the wall (since we haven't picked a name yet.) I hung frames on the walls and Christmas lights under the crib. I got a new tall silver lamp and put blue ribbons on both lamps. I made some cute blue, grey, and white baby bunting banner to hang on the wall. I think it adds some more color to the room. I finished packing my bag and the snack bag. I crocheted some new little items for my little buddy.
Blue Baby Booties for my Little Man :) 
Baby Bunting. I actually hung it a different way after this photo. 

Prayer Requests: Pray that I will recognize the signs of labor when they arrive. Pray for safety for baby during delivery. Pray that he will be healthy. Pray that he will never remember a day when he doesn't know Jesus as his Savior.

Packing the Baby's bag! 
I am looking forward to... getting the new baby swing and high chair in the mail! We decided to get the new MamaRoo. Landon thought it would be safer because it can't tip over. It is a lot smaller then the other swings on the market so it doesn't take up your whole living room. Which we thought was great for our small house! It looks kinda funny...like a little space ship but it plugs into the wall and will save us lots of money on batteries. Also looking forward to my next doctors visit to see if I've progressed anymore.
Lunch date with Landon drinking a coffee on National Coffee day! 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Rebekah! I'm Heather and I have a question about your blog that I was hoping you could answer! My email is Lifesabanquet1(at)gmail(dot)com :-)

    ReplyDelete