Monday, October 7, 2013

Pregnancy Stories I Won't Want to Forget

Okay, I feel safe enough to post a few stories from my pregnancy on this blog because I'm pretty sure I'm the only one who reads it. It's more for my memories than anything else. :)

Picture this: 36 weeks pregnant. Huge belly. Getting on the airplane to head back to Birmingham after my sister's wedding. The plane is full. Everyone is pushing to get on and get a good seat. I found a seat. I needed to put my bag in the overhead compartment. The lady in the aisle seat was rather large and wasn't simply contained to her seat. She kinda came over into the aisle space. I reached up to put my bag in the overhead compartment and forgetting how big that I actually was bumped her shoulder with my baby bump!!! I didn't bump her hard but she did NOT appreciate it. She gave me the stink eye! You know the look I'm talking about. She refused to acknowledge my apology and I shrunk into my seat almost in tears. Hormones!

The embarrassing things that happen when you are pregnant.

Next memory:
I'm about 26 weeks pregnant. I would have to say that I don't think I was very big when I was 26 weeks pregnant. I was definitely showing at this point but I wasn't huge...I don't think. Anyway, all of that to begin my story. 26 weeks pregnant. Landon and I walk around shopping and we purchase a cute little onesie that Landon picked out for the little guy. As the cashier rings up the onesie she tells me that I look very pregnant and ready to pop any day now. I was very thankful she didn't ask me how far along I was because I would have been so embarrassed to tell her I had 3 months left! Landon tried to convince me that she meant my belly was ready to pop out more any day now....but....I'm pretty sure that isn't what she meant. Note to self, just tell pregnant women they look cute or nice.

Recent findings:
Now that I actually am huge I notice people stare at you all the time...wherever you go. I told Landon that I felt like people stare at me and he said I was probably just feeling self-conscious about my new body. I figured he was probably right. We went out to lunch last week and he said, "I thought people have been staring at me all day but I realized they are looking at you. Is it always like this?" SEE!!! I knew it! Pregnant woman are just funny looking, I guess.  I wonder if I'm guilty at staring at pregnant woman?

Discovery:
I realized that when you are carrying a baby you revert back to the ways of a baby. What do I mean? Well, for a pregnant lady a good day can simply mean some good food, a good nap, a good cry (hormones!), and a good trip to the bathroom. (okay, I know that is gross but no one reads this but me!)

These are just a few things I forgot to write about in other posts. Things I didn't want to forget. Being pregnant has been fun but I'm ready for the next step, BABY! Hopefully one day I will be pregnant again and I can look back at all the things I had forgotten about from the first time around.

No comments:

Post a Comment