Thursday, August 29, 2013

Week 32


The Date: August 21st-27th, 2013

How far along? 32 Weeks

Total weight gain/loss: 20 pounds up from starting weight

Baby Size: Baby boy is apparently the size of a squash this week...must be a big squash! He is 15-16 inches long and is 2.5-4.0 pounds! Big Boy!

Things I learned about Baby:  Baby boy is getting a little squished this week inside his mommy! He is in the head down position now (although he may not stay that way). Hair is starting to grow on top of his head and it even has color now! His bones are continuing to harden this week and he is looking more like a newborn infant. His brain is developing more distinct functions and is capable of controlling breathing, digestive functions and body temperature. He can tell the difference between day and night now (so why is he up so much at night...hmmmm). His lungs are almost completely ready for breathing on their own and if he was born this week he would probably need very little medical attention.


Maternity clothes: 
Yes. I'm wearing those maternity clothes this week. I wore a nice black maternity dress to church this week and black high heels...Dress = good idea, Heels = Bad Idea. Make my feet swell like a balloon! Shoes are a lot more difficult than clothing!

Changes I've noticed: Hands have started to swell. I feel like I need to pop my fingers all the time but then they don't really pop. They feel soft and sore. They don't look that huge (my rings still fit) but they hurt. It's just really hot outside and I'm drinking about 100 ounces of water each day so I know I'm retaining some of that. Also, I think my breast have started growing again....I'll never fit into my old clothes again. haha My "round ligament" pain is a lot worse now. If I stand up too quickly or roll over in bed it can feel like I've been stabbed in my lower stomach! OUCH! Also, If I sit on the ground for a while in indian style when I stand up I feel like my hips are still turned out. It takes them a minute or so to get back into shape. I read that the bones are starting to soften and that's why pregnant women waddle. I'm only waddling right after I stand up off the floor and then I walk normally...but I have a feeling they will continue to soften and I'll be waddling soon.

Sleep: I only sleep until I have to get up to go to the bathroom and then I can't fall back asleep. So I'm usually tossing and turning from 3:30-7:30 when I get up. I can't sleep...but I'm so tired. I don't know why I can't just pass out from exhaustion.

Best Moment this week: This week had many highs and lows. Saturday was a great day! Landon and I had breakfast together at home-homemade egg and cheese breakfast sandwiches. Then I went to the pool with Hester and Monie. Landon came a little later and we swam around for a while. Then we got subway for lunch and played ping pong at his parents house all afternoon. Then we had a nice relaxing night at home. Saturday was so much fun! Monday was a harder day. We found out that Landon needs surgery very soon. He needs for his ACL to be repaired and also his meniscus. He will have surgery on September 6th. He won't be walking for a while so he won't be able to drive us down for Whitney and Brannan's wedding. I thought I was going to have to miss too since I can't drive myself. But my mom bought me a plane ticket so I will get to go! Sad part, Landon has to miss and he has to stay at home. I won't be here to take care of him so it's kinda a messy situation. We are just doing our best to get everything done.

Ping Pong time! 
Miss anything: Being able to move with ease! Everything is so hard now.

Crave anything: No.

Movement: So much movement! I need to record it!

Anything making you queasy or sick: I felt sick this week in church but it was from being hot and not getting much sleep.

Showing: Very very big! But my doctor said I'm measuring a week or so behind the norm. I don't know how that is possible because I feel huge! haha

Labor Signs: None.

Belly Button: Still in! So thankful for that!

Wedding Rings: My hands have started to swell but my rings still fit! It hurts to sleep in them though so I never do.

Moods: Not feeling so hormonal this week. That only lasted for a few days last week.

Baby Preparations: I painted the changing table today. I found an old dresser in the garage that we weren't using. I painted it white (it took 4 coats of paint!). I painted the drawers light grey and changed the gold nobs to white nobs. I think it turned out pretty cute. I also painted a wooden elephant white to go in the baby room. The elephant belonged to Landon's grandfather so we thought it would be fun to add it to the room. I also bought some sheets and a bedskirt for the crib. Still not finished but it is getting there. :)
Before! 
After! 
Finished Changing Table! 
Chevron Option
Elephant option! 
Cute little Elephants! 
Prayer Requests: Pray for Landon's knee surgery coming up. Pray that the baby will not be born while I'm in Boca for the wedding. Pray that little baby will continue to be healthy. This week as he is learning to breath on his own, pray that all of his life he will use that breath to praise the Lord.

Found this little cute outfit on sale! 
Check out the Booty! So cute! 

I am looking forward to...Whitney's wedding, finishing the nursery, and helping Landon get better after his surgery.


Found this cute picture of Landon! I hope my little boy looks like him! :) 


Landon as a newborn! Look at that little face! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment