Monday, July 8, 2013

Week 24


The Date: June 26th-July 2nd, 2013

How far along? 24 Weeks


Total weight gain/loss: 10 Pounds up

Baby Size: Baby is the size of a cantaloupe! 10-12 inches long and anywhere from 12 - 21 ounces!



Things I learned about Baby:  Baby boys lungs are developing! He can't survive on his own yet outside the womb but we are getting closer and closer! His skin is less transparent and is looking more and more like he will when he is born. Hair is growing on top of his head now! Maybe I'll be able to see in in the ultrasound next week.


Maternity clothes: 
Bought one new shirt this week in maternity. I was wearing long sleeves for western VBS theme and then I went out and was dying, so I found a maternity tank top and bought it. It's very ugly but it was totally worth it.

Changes I've noticed: People are totally starting to notice that I'm pregnant! Also, I've been getting leg cramps at night. There have two times this week that my stomach has become hard as a rock! Braxton hicks is what I'm thinking it is. Another change I've noticed is that my feet got swollen for the first time this week! I noticed my shoes were feeling tight and then I looked down to see swollen toes!!! Wow! That is a weird feeling when you see other parts of your body changing. (They went back to normal the next day.)

Look at those scary swollen toes! Yikes! 
Sleep: Besides the leg cramps and the braxton hicks tightening sleep has been fine.

Best Moment this week: Being at home with my family in Florida, my baby shower, and celebrating Grayson's birthday at the Marlins Game.

VBS! Ye-Haw! 
Birthday party at the Marlins Game in their new Stadium in Miami 
Miss anything: Shopping for clothes. Maternity clothes just aren't so much fun.

Crave anything: Not really craving anything...but I do like to drink more milk than I did before.

Movement: So so much movement! He kicks so much in the morning and at night. Now I'm starting to feel him more during the day too. If I sit a certain way too long he gets annoyed and starts kicking. I call him Baby Thumper. :)

Anything making you queasy or sick: Nope, not this week.

Showing: Yes! In just one week people are starting to notice the changes in me. Pretty crazy!

Labor Signs: Do small Braxton Hicks contractions count? That's all I have felt so far.

Belly Button: Still in!!! Not sure how much longer that will last.

Wedding Rings: Still fit! Although, when it was really hot in Florida this week they felt tighter than ever.

Moods: Feeling normal. Although, I missed Landon's birthday this week (I didn't forget I was away) and I cried when he told me he went home and made a frozen pizza and the A/C went out at the house. I was sad for him. Not sure if it was hormonal or just me missing my husband and feeling guilty for not being there.

Dreams: I had lots of dreams about Landon while I was away. We missed each other. :)

Baby Preparations: I had a baby shower so I had lots of preparations completed! I got lots of great stuff. My mom is giving me a crib which is really exciting. Now I just need to pick on out that I want! :) That can be next weeks preparation.

I am looking forward to...seeing Landon again. I missed him this past week. Also, excited to celebrate Landon's birthday when I get home and then get my next ultrasound at 25 weeks.







No comments:

Post a Comment